Saturday, May 3, 2008

My apartment

Some of you may be wondering where I am living now. I mentioned in my last post that I have a small one-bedroom apartment in Ondina. Well, I thought I would send off some photos of my place so you can get a better idea of what my life is like here. I have to say that this is the smallest place I have ever lived. But for just Vilma and I, well it works out ok.

So here is the living room:


Here is the tiny tiny kitchen. I do miss having counter space!!!


Here is the bathroom. It is a decent size for a bathroom I think. And the shower head has hot water, which is nice when it is chilly (which doesn´t happen very often). For those of you not familiar with the Brazilian hot water system, the showerhead has a compartment that fills up with water. In this compartment are electric coils that heat the water. You might be thinking, water and electricity together? Well, you are right...many people (myself included) have been shocked while adjusting the showerhead. Especially if the showerhead is old. Luckily the one we have here is new so neither of us has been shocked. You can see the showerhead at the top of the picture. It is the white thing with the silver showerhead hanging down.


Finally, here is the bedroom. It is small and does not have a closet. Closets are non-existent here in Brazil. Everyone has these wardrobe armoire kind of things. The one we have here was one of the first things I bought when Vilma and I started living together. She had a very small one that was not big enough for my stuff, so I got this one on sale.

It is pretty basic, but I like it so much more than our last apartment. This neighborhood is really quiet and I can walk to the english school. Now we just have to get some more stuff to put on the walls and it will feel "homier".

That´s it for today....enjoy!


No comments: